by Molly Lambert
Sure Wes Anderson perfectly understands classical cinematic visual composition, but has he ever made a movie called “My Ass Is Haunted”? Natalie Portman channels Belladonna (NSFW) and Jean Seberg in a still from the “Hotel Chevalier” short.
Firstly, if you haven’t read Alex’s review of Into The Wild you must check it out meow. The man totally nails it into the ground like the Hebrew Hammer he is. I laughed, I cried, I reconsidered my established views on Marxism and Eddie Vedder.
“Hard Sun” — Eddie Vedder (mp3)
Sean Penn tripping balls with Jack Nicholson is a terrible but accurate metaphor for the film industry, which for the most part still trades in Navel-Gazing Angry White Men, one of very few subjects I couldn’t care less about. Nobody is as self-important and humorless as Sean “Spicoli” Penn. The man almost fucking married Madonna. Can you imagine how he’d deal with her wanting to f him in the b?
Why don’t more people do tributes to this photo?
– Crazy Scientologist person Tom Cruise building a secret bunker for his gay sexcapades.
– Kiefer Sutherland is a drunk.
– The only Heavy Metal band in Iraq needs your help to escape.
– Samantha Morton plays Ian Curtis’s wife Deborah in Anton Cobijn’s biopic ‘Control,’ disses former Bride-Of-Cruise Nicole Kidman.
– Hayden Paniettiere from “Heroes” in hooker high heels, if you’re into that sort of thing.
– More Oscar De La Hoya embarrassingness.
“The Last Race” — Jack Nitzsche (mp3)
– The Semi-Tolerable Kate Hudson’s in a movie with the Evil Dane Cook. Will somebody check on Owen Wilson?
– I don’t know who Jonathan Clark is but he’s apparently got Gary Oldman in his video.
Baby softball dyke Belladonna, holding an implement she will later be famed for repurposing.
– Clive Owen, with two equally grizzled friends.
– Siouxsie Sioux Siouxolo!
– Supertwink Zac Efron at a Halo 3 event.
In conclusion, we’ll go with Diane Keaton on this one:
Molly Lambert is Senior Editor of This Recording. Somewhat predictably, her favorite Beatle is John.
PREVIOUSLY ON THIS RECORDING
We reviewed 2 Days in Paris.
Monday links made us forget about all that.
Danish did his post for the year. See you January 1, Aziz. JK LOL THX 4 PLAYING